Language Change PR-5.4-dev Pending

User tests: Successful: Unsuccessful:

avatar Raheem54
Raheem54
30 Jul 2026

Pull Request resolves #48156.

  • I read the Generative AI policy and my contribution is either not created with the help of AI or is compatible with the policy and GNU/GPL 2 or later.

Summary of Changes

update misleading installer error when disk space/quota exceeded by check free space before error

closes #48165

Testing Instructions

try to install any extension on system with full space and observe error message

Actual result BEFORE applying this Pull Request

displays: "install path does not exist"

Expected result AFTER applying this Pull Request

displays: "The filesystem is full or the user's disk quota has been exceeded."

Link to documentations

Please select:

  • Documentation link for guide.joomla.org:

  • No documentation changes for guide.joomla.org needed

  • Pull Request link for manual.joomla.org:

  • No documentation changes for manual.joomla.org needed

avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - open - 30 Jul 2026
avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - change - 30 Jul 2026
Status New ⇒ Pending
avatar joomla-cms-bot joomla-cms-bot - change - 30 Jul 2026
Category ⇒ Installation Language & Strings Libraries
avatar brianteeman
brianteeman - comment - 30 Jul 2026

this doesn't really solve the problem it just delays it. Perhaps a more sensible check would be against the size of the file being written to temp and also ensuring that there is enough space to extract it in the temp and then copy it to the correct location

avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 30 Jul 2026

do you mean to compare size source to free size in extension root in package adapter ?

avatar brianteeman
brianteeman - comment - 30 Jul 2026

what i mean is that your current code won't solve the reported problem.

avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - change - 30 Jul 2026
Labels Added: Language Change PR-5.4-dev
avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 30 Jul 2026

is edit this will solve it ?

avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 30 Jul 2026

is this edit will solve it ?

avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - change - 30 Jul 2026
The description was changed
avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - edited - 30 Jul 2026
avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - change - 30 Jul 2026
The description was changed
avatar Raheem54 Raheem54 - edited - 30 Jul 2026
avatar tecpromotion tecpromotion - change - 8 Aug 2026
Title
…
fix installer disk error
[5.4] fix installer disk error
avatar tecpromotion tecpromotion - edited - 8 Aug 2026
avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 12 Aug 2026

I made all the changes and test failed I don't know why I'm just change the style

avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 12 Aug 2026

I made all the changes and test failed I don't know why I'm just change the style, I think it's related to update the branch but there is no any confects I don't know why it failed

avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 12 Aug 2026

I made all the changes and test failed I don't know why I'm just change the style, I think it's related to update the branch but there is no any conflicts I don't know why it failed

avatar richard67
richard67 - comment - 12 Aug 2026

I made all the changes and test failed I don't know why I'm just change the style, I think it's related to update the branch but there is no any confects I don't know why it failed

@Raheem54 Confects ... :-) I think you meant conflicts. System tests failed due to a timeout when testing extension installation from URL. That can happen sometimes. Not related to your PR. I've just restarted the failed CI jobs. Let's see if they pass this time.

avatar Raheem54
Raheem54 - comment - 12 Aug 2026

@Raheem54 Confects ... :-) I think you meant conflicts. System tests failed due to a timeout when testing extension installation from URL. That can happen sometimes. Not related to your PR. I've just restarted the failed CI jobs. Let's see if they pass this time.

It failed again and I don't know how It was passing all tests before the update

avatar QuyTon QuyTon - change - 13 Aug 2026
The description was changed
avatar QuyTon QuyTon - edited - 13 Aug 2026
avatar richard67
richard67 - comment - 15 Aug 2026

@Raheem54 There is no need to always update your branch for this PR when the base branch 5.4-dev changed, as long as no conflicts are shown on GitHub for this PR here.

Add a Comment

Login with GitHub to post a comment